Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trifles.

This story centers around the murder of Mr. Wright, the husband of Minnie Wright. There is an investigation going on and the two female characters' husband are trying to solve the case. This story, or play, is filled with things that say a lot about how the opposite sex is perceived in during this time. On example that comes to mind is when Mr. Hale said women only spend their time caring about trifling things. It is fact the trifling things that crack the case wide open. If I had to guess which writing style this was, I'd have to say it's realistic. Everything is presented in such a way that it leaves the reader with a yearning for how the characters felt emotionally. I think everyone can relate this story to some moment in their lives. We've all been underestimated at some point and the same frustrations they experienced, we've experienced. After reading this I'd like to read more works by Susan Graspell. I like that this story made me think and I always enjoy good social commentary hidden in literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment