Friday, March 4, 2011

The Snows of Kilimanjaro.

Ernest Hemingway wasn't afraid to write what he wanted to. In this story he uses language that some may find offensive, most notably the word "bitch". His description of a young woman also can be seen as suggestive, but I thought it added to the story. The story takes place in Africa. The main character is a male writer with female companion. He seems to resent her because he has not been able to write due to living in the moment. He is also afflicted by a leg wound and has gangrene. Knowing the end is near, he decides he needs to write, but never get around to it. This story made me think about my life and how much time I waste doing paltry things. Sleeping when not needing to for one. Hopefully, we can explain this in class, but I doubt it due to the presentations next week and other things we must do.

No comments:

Post a Comment